"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Sunday, December 9

Hmmmmm...

I learn something new every day. In my travels around the web, I like to check out different food blogs and today I came across an interesting tidbit over at Veggie Venture.

Seems if you slooooow bake your potatoes at 350 degrees for... are you ready?... 3 hours!!... you're treated to quite an experience. Apparently you don't end up with a shriveled up piece of char but instead enjoy a creamy, nutty tater with a nice crispy skin. Just rub with olive oil and plop it on the rack - you don't even have to prick the skin.

Seems like an awfully long time to wait for a potato, but what the hey, what else have I got to do? Think I'll give it a shot one of these days... when I'm not real hungry.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12/10/2007 9:29 AM, Blogger Debi said...

I've never heard of that either. I'm anxious to hear what you think once you try it out.

 
At 12/11/2007 4:45 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Maybe it's just me, but 350 still seems an awfully high temp to cook them for THAT long. If you do try it, be sure to let us know! I'm horrible about potatoes - I do them in the microwave! They're tons better baked in the oven, but I have no patience for cooking them for an hour in the oven :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home