"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Monday, January 5

Tag, you're it!!

I've been tagged by Laurie, so you get to find out eight more things about me. Waiting with bated breath, aren't you? ;)


Here we go:

1. Lew says I live on California time. I've always been a nightowl and many times I'm going to bed about the time normal people are getting up. The chirping
early birds lull me to sleep instead of waking me up.

2. My treadmill and stationary bike are conveniently located right beside my computer so I can just hop up and take a stroll or pedal for awhile to get my daily exercise in.


3. I've got a real "thing" about fat. Not the pound kind, the meat kind. I do NOT let that nasty, slimy, greasy stuff pass my lips! Uck, gross! I trim every bit off anything that I'm going to eat. You oughta see me make a ham sandwich! lol


4. Speaking of sandwiches, the ingredients on mine have to be in a certain order but it's not consistent from one kind of sandwich to another.


5. I don't "do" bright colored walls in my home. I like them in other people's homes and I'm often tempted to try but know I would tire of them too soon. So, I do light, neutral walls and change accessories instead for needed color or effect.


6. I used to be into contesting -- the kind where you send in entries with your name and address. Over a period of time, I won several small prizes but hit the jackpot once and won a grand prize of $5200.00. That was fun!


7. Most people clean their toilets in the bathroom, where they're generally located. I, however, cleaned a toilet in my sister's backyard once and rinsed it with a garden hose. It's a lot easier getting into all those nooks, crannies, and that "S" curve when it's not bolted to the floor. Got that sucker squeaky clean, I did! (we were renovating her house.) lol


8. Back to food quirks. I'm one of "those" people who like Spam...the kind you eat. Fried crispy on a sandwich with butter on the bottom piece of bread that melts when you put the hot Spam on it. Oh yeah, good stuff! And I like Velveeta too. But not baloney -- go figure, huh?

Now I'm supposed to pass it on and tag eight more people. Instead, I'm just going to say play along if you like and let me know so I can come visit your blog to learn more about you. :)


Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 1/05/2009 2:55 PM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

I just did 16 randoms from a tag the other day, so I am fresh out of randoms at the moment. But I did want to say that we share number 4! And I thought I was the only one! ;-)

 
At 1/05/2009 3:09 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Marianne you had me going with the toilet, til I read they were renovating! I just kept thinking, she takes her toilet outside to clean it? What about the seal? How often does she clean the toilet? Totally confused!
I have to agree with the spam, there's something about fried fat on bread that just tastes sooo good! (Which confused me with #3!)Thanks for sharing the little details!
Laurie

 
At 1/06/2009 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re that contest grand prize, didn't it have something to do with Jose Cuervo or some other such liquor relative???

 
At 1/08/2009 1:14 AM, Blogger marianne said...

Dawn - seems natural to me, right? ;)

Laurie - re: #3 & #8 - that's why it has to be crispy!

elaine - actually, it was vodka - some brand I'd never heard of until then... and can't remember now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home