"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Wednesday, April 21

The good, the bad, and the ugly...




Well, it's been far too long since I've
updated,so here's a bit of a summary
of what's been going on in my world.







THE GOOD

Our trip to SC was fun, especially handing over all the baby stuff I've been accumulating since I found out I was gonna be a great-mommaw... and feeling my great-grandbaby kicking and moving around in Christy's tummy! What a thrill!
My son, the grandpa-to-be, is as enthralled with his new grandchild growing as he was with his own children ... it's just dear.

Always creative, Christy has gone into nesting/crafty mode and is making things for her new son... here she's putting the finishing touches on his first piggy bank that she designed (with the Univ. of SC gamecock/color theme.)

One of a set of three that she free-handed and painted, this cute little monkey guy will join a giraffe and elephant on baby Bryce's wall.

A little sibling bonding with a raucous session of Rock Band...
ha! my great-grandson will be a rock star! lol


The mommy-to-be, looking absolutely beautiful and glowing at 28 weeks.

THE BAD

Have spent the last week and some days nursing a bad back. I can only attribute it to the aging process, I guess, because I haven't fallen or twisted it or anything. It just happens. I can be going along minding my own business one day and the next day be out of commission. Then it pretty much goes away ... until the next time. Maybe a touch or arthritis or something, I dunno. It is, however, MOST annoying - not to mention painful!!

THE UGLY

This past Friday night, our less than 4-yr old refrigerator died... just up and kicked the bucket without so much as a howdahyado, kiss my butt, or see ya later!! Luckily, we have a second fridge in the basement and the freezer in the garage, but oh... I was sooo NOT amused!!

A call to Sears repair got us nothing but a service call scheduled for April 26!! God, I hate dealing with those people!! I know it was a weekend, but still! So, we found a local repair person who could come out today, Wednesday, the 21st.

In the meantime, Lew scouted out a few places - Best Buy, Lowes, Sears (grrrr! I refuse to deal with these people any more even though I love their appliances) Bray and Scarff - to see what a new fridge was going to cost us if this one couldn't be repaired. However,
the gods must have been looking down on us because as luck would have it, the local repair people called Monday and were able to come out then.

Now, over the weekend Lew had tried a couple of times to see if it would work and all it did was put out hot air, so we just left it unplugged, put a box of baking soda inside and left the doors ajar so it wouldn't stink like refrigerators are wont to do when they're closed up and not running.

So, Monday the guy came, plugged it in
and... you see it coming, don't ya??... of course the damn thing started working, blowing out cold air! Aarghhh!! After checking everything there was to check, he couldn't find anything wrong and allowed as how it might just be a fluke or a balky part that may or may not give up the ghost any time... or not.

So, at the moment, the ugly is on hold, the fridge is still running, and we'll just see how things go.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 4/21/2010 11:00 AM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

So exciting about your upcoming great-grand baby! My first nephew is due to arrive in late May. I got to see a 3D ultrasound image of him online last night & I am smitten! Technology is so amazing.

As for your fridge...that's a risky venture to just "wait & see" when it's job is to house perishables! Goofy appliances. I hope it stays running & that your back feels better!

 
At 4/21/2010 12:41 PM, Blogger marianne said...

I know!! I have my very own copy of the US and it is so cool! Congrats on your new nephew - you'll have such fun spoiling him!! ;-)

As for the fridge, we're still keeping most things in the basement fridge - just the absolute necessaries upstairs. Don't plan on having to empty the main one out again any time soon - what a pain!!

Thanks for your good wishes! :-)

 
At 4/21/2010 12:57 PM, Anonymous Cindy said...

Thank you for posting those pictures of Christy. The one that brought tears to my eyes was that of her daddy with his head resting on her belly. There are not really any words that picture says it all.
GET RID OF THE POSSESSED FRIDGE!
:-)

 
At 4/21/2010 1:38 PM, Blogger marianne said...

It's truly a precious sight, Cindy - pure love.

LOL about the possessed fridge!

 
At 4/21/2010 2:16 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

It's so good to have you back Marianne! It's been too long! I totally enjoyed your post though, your little family is precious! And here's to the refrigerator, hope the service call wasn't too expensive!

 
At 4/21/2010 4:55 PM, Blogger marianne said...

Thanks, Laurie!! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home