"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Friday, September 3

I'm baaaaaack...


Well, it's been an active summer since my last real post and we've been busy little bees here in our quiet corner of Maryland.

We've traveled up and down the road several times for:
  • a baby shower in SC,
  • a 1st birthday celebration for our NJ grandson,
  • the arrival of a brand-spanking new great-grandbaby in SC,
  • picking up the SC grandsons at our half-way spot in VA,
  • then returning them and enjoying a delightful weekend visit at my brother's home in NC.
Susan, Lawrence and the boys were here for the 4th, we've redecorated the main bathroom, had the driveway resurfaced, acquired the services of a tree doctor to try and save our dogwood, and spent many hours picnicking and swimming at nearby Greenbrier Lake while the SC grandsons were here.

Now, since it's that time of year, we've also frozen about a peck of peaches (after baking a scrumptious peach cobbler to make sure they were okay to eat) ;) and three dozen ears of sweet summer corn in the past week or so. We'll have some yummy eating come cold weather time, but I'm not wanting to peel another peach or dekernel (I know, I know - that's not a word!) another ear anytime soon!!

So, whatch'all been up to?
(I'll get some pictures of our doings posted this weekend.)

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 9/03/2010 6:14 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

I was just thinking of you yesterday Marianne! We got a new toilet! It's still a 1 1/2 gallon but works beautiful. I thought of you when we put in in. Isn't it great being associated with a toilet!?
Anyway, it's great to have you back, I missed your blog!!

 
At 9/04/2010 9:12 AM, Anonymous Cindy said...

So glad to see you back. I've missed your posts. Congrats on that new g-grandbaby. I hear he is gorgeous. :-)

 
At 9/04/2010 3:05 PM, Blogger Desert Songbird said...

Actually, I spent some time in your neck of the woods this summer. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home