"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Thursday, April 29

Sometimes...

... the stars just line up right.

Back in December I was doing a little after-Christmas shopping
on Amazon and came across a really pretty 5-pc nativity set I liked, so I ordered it. I also ordered an additional 2 pieces to complete the set - an arch and a shepherd.

The next day I wanted to show my friend what it looked like so I pulled up my open order, clicked on the photo of the set and got the following message:


Looking for something?
We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site

Go to Amazon.com's Home Page

Hmmm, thought I, that's strange. Maybe I got the last one? (not likely, but I was reaching!) So now I'm feeling a skosh uneasy, but figured I'll just wait and see how things go.

Well, to make a long story short, I spent several weeks waiting for and then returning the partial order they sent. After much back and forth dialog with the Amazon supplier
(Christmascentral.com) I ended up with no nativity set, the news that the 5-pc set is out of stock and no longer being manufactured, an apology, and a credit to my credit card. Well, poop!!

Since I already have a child's nativity, I wasn't really devastated but I was disappointed because this one was really cool - contemporary and unique. Oh well.

So, fast forward to this month. I'm putzing around on Amazon and decided to look at nativity sets again. Hello!! Staring back at me in the very first position of indoor nativities is the very same set I wanted in December!! The one that was out of stock and no longer being manufactured! Hmmmm, curiouser and curiouser, thought I. Sooooo...

Oh no, you din't!! Oh yes, I did!! I ordered it again. And don't you know that when I tried to look at the picture on my order the next day I got the same message as above?
That was on April 24-25.

All righty then - this is getting old and I'm really not expecting to get this thing, but nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?? And I was having a slow week anyway. Well, lo and behold, on April 27 I get an email that my 5-pc nativity has shipped! Get outta here! Now I'm wondering what they're sending me cuz I'm just not believing that I'm really going to get THE set.

So now, I'm tracking the package on FedEx... it's in Buffalo, NY on the 27th; then it's in Syracuse, NY; then it's in Hagerstown, MD on the 28th... with delivery estimated on the 29!! I'm still leery, wondering what will arrive...

Ta Da!! Looky what I got today!!

Oh me of little faith!! Isn't it purty??
(and I don't care about extra pieces!)


Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 4/30/2010 12:18 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

I don't blame you for wanting this Marianne, it's beautiful! enjoy, and maybe at some time you'll come across the extra pieces, though this is just perfect!

 
At 4/30/2010 5:46 PM, Blogger marianne said...

Thanks, Laurie - I almost can't wait for Christmas!! (did I just say that?) lol

 
At 4/30/2010 6:53 PM, Anonymous Elaine Big"E"O said...

Oh ye of little faith, indeed!!! Tis quite lovely. Such a pursuer!!! Good job!!!

 
At 5/01/2010 8:09 AM, Blogger Heather said...

reminds me of the fact that i ordered, paid for, and never received a personalized stocking for Christian back in 2008. glad yours worked out!

 
At 5/01/2010 2:34 PM, Blogger marianne said...

Thanks, Big E!

Heather, I did that once with some Birch trees - totally forgot about them and never received them either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home