"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Sunday, September 25

...the Ford... wouldn't do no more...

I have this 1982 Mustang, a "medium blue glow" color... sweet automobile, really sweet. It doesn't run too well anymore. Actually, it doesn't run at all. For the most part, it's been sitting in the garage for the past 4 or 5 years. I don't drive that much anymore so I haven't really minded it sitting there. Except for paying for tags and insurance on a machine that never went anywhere!

When my granddaughter was getting her license several years back, she asked if she could have my car. She really loved it. We had it gone over with a fine tooth comb but unfortunately, it would've cost more to fix it than it was worth, sooooo... that didn't work out. It was sweet though, I mean, how many kids want their grandmother's car??

So anyway, I finally convinced Lew that we're throwing money down a rat hole and Stups is coming tomorrow to tow my baby away -- for parts or whatever. When we purge, we purge right! Basements, cars, whatever. I have some very fond memories of my first brandsy new car that I bought and paid for all by my lonesome... she's served me well, so it's all good.

Now I'm gonna campaign for a nice bitchy red convertible!

1 Comments:

At 9/27/2005 10:05 PM, Blogger marianne said...

I'd have loved giving it to them too, Nancy. I hated just junking it, but...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home