"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Monday, September 19

The great, the average, the small...

This should be required reading among select groups of women... probably men too, but since I'm more familiar with the female brain, I'll stick to what I know.

Great minds discuss ideas;
average minds discuss events;
small minds discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt

I've done my share of gossiping and "discussing" other people... when I was about 12... maybe 15 or 16. Maybe even into my 20's. When I wasn't too secure with myself. When I was still growing and getting comfortable in my own skin. But I know I didn't make fun of or rip people apart because of their looks. I know I didn't do that. And I don't do it now.

I think it's mean and immature. I think it's cruel and I think it speaks volumes about the pettiness of the person/s doing the ripping. Besides that, it upsets my spirit. I wouldn't feel good about myself knowing I'd taken delight in diminishing someone else because of something as shallow and insignificant as the way a shirt is buttoned or a dress is worn.

I don't think I'm better than anyone else, but I know I'm different. And I'm glad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home