"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Monday, September 5

This and that...

Okay, time to pull myself up out of this past depressing week and get back into productive and a normal, somewhat more cheerier self. My last few entries have been a bit morose, to say the least -- I'm depressing even me! There's good stuff going on too.

So, here's a cutie I came across in my travels...


Which One is The Towel??


Then, of course, there's still... tennis!


Davenport eased into the qurarterfinals, Agassi survived a scare but moved on, and Blake is playing as I type. My favorites are still in there.



We have new neighbors. A military family with three kiddos... two teenagers at home and another away at college. I was impressed when they moved in -- the movers didn't park their big ol' trucks on the lawn and tear up the grass like most other drivers do. It's an on-going battle we have with... grrrrrr!... redneck ignorance. I mean, how many smarts does it take to not park on someone else's well-kept lawn (an expensive proposition, I might add!) in front of someone else's house? Grrrrr! Makes me crazy sometimes and I march my indignant self out there and let whoever know about it too (or send Lew out to do the dirty work.)

Anyway, they seem like a nice family and social too. They want to build a deck and the teens had fun yesterday assembling and tryng out a huuuuge trampoline in the back yard. There'll be lots more activity.

3 Comments:

At 9/05/2005 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9/05/2005 11:20 PM, Blogger Apostle John said...

Wow! People actually get to know neighbors? What a concept. I moved into my neighborhood when it was being built -- knew everyone. As people moved in, I would bake bread and deliver it. Never hear from any of them again. They move in and out all the time -- so sad.

 
At 9/11/2005 9:27 PM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

poor Agassi. but even he acknowledges that that darn Federer (or however you spell it lol) is one heck of a player.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home