"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Wednesday, September 21

Stuff...

It's been an emotional undertaking. One that I wasn't quite prepared for. Not the undertaking, but the emotion that overflowed as I picked through my "stuff." As I've gone through piles and piles and boxes and boxes of stuff, I've come across things I totally forgot I had and others that I knew were there somewhere. Things that I always intended to do something with. I don't know what, but something.

I have a vial of Iraqi sand from Desert Storm in 1991. My niece's husband brought it back for me. I also have a packet of Saudi Arabian sand somewhere too but I haven't come across it yet. A childhood friend of my son brought it back for me. I planned to make a shadow box with mementos from the men I knew who served in that war. But now I threw their letters away. So what am I going to do with the stupid sand?

I feel like I've thrown my life away and nobody will ever know that I had a life outside of the one I live now. That I had a past. That there were people I loved and who loved me back. Isn't that why we save all the stuff we save? To prove to ourselves on some level that we're here and that somebody cares? I mean, look at all those cards and letters and mementos. Hundreds, literally hundreds of cards, letters and notes... from my son, my husband, step-children, grandchildren, siblings, friends, old boyfriends, co-workers... and on and on and on. I never looked at the stuff... once in a blue moon maybe. But somehow, just knowing it was there gave me... what, comfort? I don't know.

We just don't have room for all of this paper. We keep moving it from one spot to another and add more as we go. It's taken over the house. I can't do it anymore. So now it's gone. Most of it anyway. And I sobbed like a baby...


6 Comments:

At 9/22/2005 5:47 PM, Blogger kajira said...

Hi there, Marianne! OMG I think you are so LUCKY to have all that stuff!! If I had all my stuff now, it wouldn't fit into my apartment, but I lost all my stuff back in 1995, and it devastated me for years. The thousands of photographs alone still haunt me, not to mention my furniture, my car, my clothes, everything I'd ever owned throughout my life, and kept because I thought it important. ::poof!:: I feel for you though. It is sad to let it all go. Why not scrap it, Marianne? Do you scrap much? I should talk. I have a bunch still from my life in Florida and haven't scrapped that yet, cuz most of it is unshare-able. I think that's why, anyway.

I just wanted you to know that I'm here and I understand, and I'm sorry it made you sad. I hope you get over it easier than I did.

 
At 9/23/2005 2:51 AM, Blogger me said...

How very sweet, Kajira, thank you.:-)

I can't imagine losing everything like you did, and your precious photos too. How utterly heartbreaking... I'm so, so sorry.

Oh yes, I do scrap and have included many mementos in the nine albums I've done for my son and two I did for my brother.

I'm just a sentimental slob though, and keep every little thing -- it's ridiculous. I've still got plenty for the grandkids though. ;)

Thanks for stopping by, girl. :)

 
At 2/21/2010 9:37 PM, Blogger 羅志祥Little Pig said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色

 
At 3/30/2010 12:48 AM, Blogger 趙又廷Kirk said...

cool!very creative!AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,成人圖片區,性愛自拍,美女寫真,自拍

 
At 4/08/2010 5:25 AM, Blogger Miss jane said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,性感影片,正妹,聊天室,
情色論壇

 
At 4/28/2010 6:04 AM, Blogger 日月神教-向左使 said...

性愛自拍,美女寫真,亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,三級片,自拍,後宮電影院,85cc,免費影片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,日本a片,美女,成人圖片區,avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站,成人論壇,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女,視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性感影片,走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,成人遊戲,免費成人影片,成人光碟,ut聊天室

 

Post a Comment

<< Home