"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Tuesday, March 28

Good times...

Had a wonderful visit with my girl, Christy, and her guy, Tory, and what a delightful young man he is. A true Southern gentleman, I don't think I've ever been "yes maamed" as much. lol. Turns out he has ties to this part of the state in that his great grandfather owned and operated a mill that was used as a field hospital during the Battle of Monocacy in the Civil War. Until recently, it had served as the Visitor Center for the Monocacy National Battlefield site. Hopefully, next time they come up, we'll have more time for sightseeing.

Lew took on his role as the Breakfast Man (lovingly conferred upon him by his grandchildren) :) and prepared Christy's beloved scrambled eggs for breakfasts. No one can make them like Poppaw does for his little girl.


Made new converts of them both to the Italian crock pot chicken dish on Saturday night, and received a glowing thumbs up of approval, with Tory declaring it the best pasta he'd ever had. (It's the tomato sauce he's averse to in spaghetti and meatballs.) We then chilled and watched a rented copy of Walk the Line. A thoroughly enjoyable movie, Mr. Phoenix and Ms. Witherspoon totally deserved their recognition for it.

Sunday we went out for a crab leg dinner. I introduced Christy to them when she was still just a tiny little thing and it remains one of those "us" things we try to do whenever we get together. Unfortunately, she and Tory experienced some tummy upsets afterwards that I hope hasn't soured them on that particular restaurant - the pickings for places that serve good crab legs are getting mighty slim in our area. Since Lew and I didn't suffer any ill effects, I'm hoping it was just an off day for them.

So, besides eating, we spent a good bit of time talking, catching up, and going through loads of photos. Christy took extra copies home with her that will keep her busy scrapping for at least the next couple of years!


It was great seeing her and being able to give her big ol' hugs and just spend time together. Now I'm looking forward to the rest of the family coming up in a couple of weeks. I love being a Mommaw!



Christy and Tory

4 Comments:

At 3/28/2006 6:53 PM, Blogger Debi said...

Sounds like you all had a thoroughly wonderful time! She's a real cutie, by the way! Glad you like her fella. My late Grandma disliked my poor hubby without ever really knowing him. Literally WOULD NOT speak to him. (Partially because we lived together before we got married, partially because he had long hair when she first met him.)
Anyway, so glad to hear you all had so much fun! Hope you get to see them again real soon.

 
At 3/29/2006 12:19 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

I am so happy you had a great time with Christy! How special for her that she gets to spend time with you and Lew. Those will be good memories for her.

 
At 3/29/2006 8:59 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

It sounds as if you had a wonderful visit! SHe looks like a very sweet girl! How nice to have met a polite young man :) What an interesting bit of history he shared!

I've heard nothing but good things about the movie WALK THE LINE! I think I'm going to have to add that to the list of things to watch!

take care,
Dawn

 
At 3/31/2006 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you. It sounds like you all had a perfect time together.

I agree. I love being a grandmother.

Thanks for sharing,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home