"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Monday, April 24

Meme-ing on a Monday...

from

Sunday, April 23, 2006

This week's theme is 5 THINGS...

Name 5 Things that:

1.
Make you smile:
1. my grandchildre
n
2. Lew
3. the kitties playing
4. entries of my blog friends
5. Everyone Loves Raymond show (more of a belly laugh than a smile!)

2. You can see on your desk right now:
1. a figurine of a Siamese kitty sitting on a keyboard chewing on a computer mouse
2. a telephone
3. a pink quartz stone with "forever" imprinted in gold
4. a wood-based and mesh pencil/pen cup
5. an invitation to my goddaughter's wedding


3. Kept you busy this weekend:

it was a lazy weekend for me - spent way too much time on the computer...
1. some laundry
2. blogging
3. TV/movie watching
4. updating a page for my website
5. Internet surfing/shopping

4. You'll be doing this coming week:
my intentions are good and hopefully...
1. more website work
2. clearing off my desk
3. cleaning my scrapping table

4. more laundry
5. cooking some freezer meals

5. You've said to make someone else smile:
1. ask Beverly! lol
2. told #1dgd she'd get good exercise at her new job, which requires a lot of walking
3. teased my oxygen man about the low hours on my machine being because the last owner had died (a little black humor here)

4. relating my tale of woe about my pissed-offness at a family member made other family members snicker
5. teased Lew about how we can fit 2 bodies in our chest freezer


from

Monday, April 24, 2006

Embarrassing...If you had to pick the most embarrassing thing your parents did to you as a child, what was it?

Well, maybe not the most embarrassing, but bad enough when you have to go to school with umpteeen other kids. And not my parents, my mother. She made me let her give me a home permanent. Now, my mother was a frugal woman and in the matter of home perms, was of the staunch opinion that if the directions called for leaving the perming solution on for 10 minutes, surely if you left it on for 20 minutes, it would get curlier and last longer, right?? *Waving my hand frantically*... let me be the first to tell you... NOT!! It doesn't get curly, it gets all kinky and gnarly and nappy and I looked like I was wearing a huge brillo pad on my head! Totally mortifying!

It does, unfortunately, last forever. And I had to walk around like that until it grew out... oh, the humiliation!! ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home