"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Friday, April 21

More Spring blossoms...

We didn't see the Cherry Blossoms in DC this year. They had pretty much already done their thing the week before the kids were here. We are, however, totally enjoying them now in our own front yard! We live about an hour or so north of the city so our blooming season is about 2-3 weeks behind that of our DC neighbors.

This is the second season for these two lovelies and this year's blooms are way more prolific than last. They're the same type as some that grow downtown, and a much prettier alternative than the diseased pink dogwood and stunted, gnarly old crabapple that they replaced. My, oh my, are they pretty! I love Spring!


"Could I die under a cherry blossom tree in
full bloom on a full-moon night of spring?"
Saigyo


Sleeping under the trees on Yoshino mountain
The spring breeze wearing Cherry blossom petals.
Saigyo


The cherry blossoms
scatter and we watch and the
more cherry blossoms blow.
Onitsura


If one should ask you concerning the heart of a true Japanese,
point to the wild cherry flower glowing in the sun.
Norinaga Motoori

3 Comments:

At 4/21/2006 11:48 AM, Blogger Cherry Moon said...

Ohhhh, how BEAUTIFUL!!!

The orange blossoms are in full bloom out here, and I love how they completely perfume the air.. it's GORGEOUS!!

 
At 4/21/2006 12:41 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

We don't get cherry blossoms in bloom until much later. I think they are just the prettiest trees! It's so sad that they are always so short lived. I guess that makes the fondest for them even stronger.

take care,
Dawn

 
At 4/21/2006 6:51 PM, Blogger Debi said...

Oh my, such gorgeous photos!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home