"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Friday, April 7

Friday Odds and Ends...

This must be the day for blog burgling - lifted this from Debi who lifted it from Dawn who lifted it from Jenny - whole lotta lifting going on!

A - Accent: well, I don't think I do but I've been told I "talk funny" - 'specially after a couple of drinks - I guess my semi-Southurn accent creeps out. Nothing like my Georgia-peach mother-in-law though - now she had a charming Southern accent! :)
B - Breakfast: always coffee - occasionally oatmeal or cereal
C - Chore you hate: cleaning the stove/oven (not as much since I got me a flat-top.)
D - Dad's name: William - aka Bill, Bud/Buddy, Daddy
E - Essential everyday item: my computer
F - Flavor ice cream: Breyers Dulce de Leche (caramel)
G - Gold or silver?: gold - white and yellow
H - Hometown: Washington, DC
I - Insomnia: once and a while
J - Job title: Queen Mama!
K - Kids: yep, 1 mine, 5 his
L - Living arrangements: own home, husband, 2 cats, and various and sundry critters that periodically find their way in.
M - Mom's birthplace: Minneapolis, MN
N - Number of significant others: In a lifetime? Uhmm, I'll go with about 6 or 7
O - Overnight hospital stays: 3, I think
P - Phobia: I'm not real fond of high bridges over large bodies of water
Q - Queer?: as in odd? sometimes - as in gay? nah, I like guys too much
R - Religious affiliation: lapsed Catholic
S - Siblings: two older sisters and a baby bro
T - Time you wake up: is different from the time I GET up - between 8 and 9ish
U - unnatural haircolors you've worn: I don't consider covering the gray unnatural, thank you very much
V - vegetable you refuse to eat: kale, collard, or mustard greens
W - worst habit: Oh God, I procrastinate!
X - x-rays you've had: teeth, lungs, foot, brain, body!
Y - yummy: a big ol' plate of crab leg clusters and melted butter
Z - zodiac sign: Leo

Cat Poem

C A T S
...lurk low, leap high, hunt brave, hide shy,
blink warm, stare cold, play young, yawn old,
purr sweet, growl mean, fluff fat, stretch lean,
crouch short, strut tall, act big, sleep small.



Some giggles from -

How do these people get through life?? LOL

10AM Interviews
Manager: He's so dumb he couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were on the heel.

2000 North Andrews Avenue Ext.
Pompano Beach, Florida

1PM Lunch
Manager: Is that goat cheese on your sandwich?

Worker: Yes
Manager: I hear that single goat goat cheese is a delicatessen.
Worker: A what?
Manager: A delicatessen.

6511 Tri-County Parkway
Schertz, Texas

2PM Laugh at Interns
Intern #1: Well, we got these power packs for our laptops. But how do we charge them?

Intern #2: Um...you plug it in the wall!
Intern #1: How was I supposed to know that?

300 Madison Avenue
New York, NY

2PM Pick Up Promo Shirts
Receptionist: What are the new shirts made out?

Clerk: They're 100% cotton.
Receptionist: Cotton? That's the stuff that grows on sheep, right?
Clerk: No, cotton comes from rabbits. That's why they're called cottontails

10 Miles South of Battle Mountain
Battle Mountain, Nevada


from
Bits and Bobs for Friday, 7 April 2006

1. Do you like chicken? I do, probably my second favorite, after crablegs
2. What is 1 food you can't live without? probably potatoes
3. Are you an early bird or a night owl? definitely a night owl - I don't do mornings willingly.
4. Chocolate or vanilla? chocolate - vanilla is b-o-r-i-n-g
5. Are you more of a cat person or a dog person? cat - dogs are nice and all that but they're more demanding than a child.

The difference between a cat and a dog:

A dog thinks: They feed me, they shelter me, they love me, they must be gods.
A cat thinks: They feed me, they shelter me, they love me, I must be GOD.
~Unknown~




Fur Ball

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 4/07/2006 6:36 PM, Blogger Debi said...

Lots of fun stuff!!! Soooo true, the dog and cat thing!

 
At 4/08/2006 8:59 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

Some fun reading here :) You made me smile! I stole your ABC list :)

Thanks for the answer about the clip art!

take care,
Dawn

 
At 4/10/2006 9:19 PM, Blogger sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

teehee... love the dog/cat stuff and the office stuff.

i've been told i have an accent. whoever heard of a buffalo accent before?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home