"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Wednesday, March 29

Oy!

Oy vey! So we'll have Buster back from the vet later today, along with a 10-day antibiotic treatment and a 30-day drugstore prescription for an anxiety/depression medication!! Oh God, gimme a break! Only I would have an anxious cat on anti-depressants! Who woulda thunk? I mean, the beast lives a quiet, peaceful life with two old fogies who dote on him and a companion cat to play with. He lives indoors, so doesn't have the additional stress of dodging vehicles or escaping cat-mauling dogs. He doesn't have to deal with fleas or other creepy crawlies invading his body. He has a clean potty, a warm, soft place to sleep, and all the food he can eat. Did I mention he's doted on? What more could he possibly need?

According to the vet, pheromones. Cat facial pheromones. After all, "who knows the mind of a cat??" Feline cystitis can be stress-related and a Feliway diffuser system just might make him a really happy, stress-free camper. Studies have shown, yada, yada, yada. And of course, the vet's office just happens to sell them. Isn't that just too convenient? Uh huh, yeah, okay, sure... I'll buy one for each room and a spare for traveling... NOT!

It's a good thing I love my cats - I'll examine our options. Oy!

2 Comments:

At 3/29/2006 9:03 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Oh I'm so sorry to read that your cat is ill. I hope the antibiotics clear it up.

I will admit I've never know that they can prescribe antidepressants for a cat! WHO KNEW!!

take care,
Dawn

 
At 3/30/2006 4:44 PM, Blogger *krystyn* said...

I've heard of that Cat Pheromone stuff..let me know if you get one. I don't know how well they work -with the exception of the studies they publish in their ads that say they are wonderful, of course.

I hope your kitty feels better soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home