"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Wednesday, March 29

My beastie boy is ailing...

Lew took our Buddha beastie boy to the vet this morning, who thinks he may have idiopathic cystitis. They're going to keep him for a bit today for testing. Poor little guy... well not so little, but anyway... has all the signs, which include blood-stained urinating in the sinks. (It becomes painful for them to urinate and the coolness of a tub or sink apparently attracts them.) He's been yowling pitifully and threw up several times too.

What's really disconcerting is that it appeared so suddenly... he was fine on Monday. He had it once before, shortly after we got him, but we cleared it up with a prescription dry/wet food diet.

Hopefully, treatment will be that simple again.

1 Comments:

At 3/29/2006 12:46 PM, Blogger Debi said...

Oh my, the poor boy! It's so hard when your furry babies are ailing, isn't it? I've never heard of idiopathic cystitis (I'll go check it out), but I do hope he's feeling better soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home