"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Saturday, April 1

Maintaining the image...

Well, looks like today's the day. Finally have to break down and spend the money. For a couple of months now our main TV has been pulling a me and showing signs of old age. It's had a charming snowy and static horizontal line across the screen that slowly, ever so s-l-o-o-o-w-l-y, works its way up and disappears after warming up a bit. Kinda like me - I'm good to go too after I've warmed my innards with a cuppa. For the past week or so, however, said line has decided to hang around at the tippity-top of the screen, showing staticky noise. Nothing crucially major, it's still viewable, but it's gotten most annoying... and distracting.

So, the man is out looking at the new technology as I type. We'll probably go with the HDTV, since that's the new wave of the TV kingdom, but will hold off with the big bucks on the thin plasma/LCD type until another time. We've still got siding to put up and kitchen appliances to replace!

The washer and dryer aren't any spring chickens either... *sigh* - when it rains, etc., etc.

2 Comments:

At 4/01/2006 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh! We went through the new everything phase a couple of years ago. But, at least you will have a fun new television.

 
At 4/01/2006 5:15 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Sorry that has happened to you. I know that I have a L O N G list of repairs and replacements ahead of me.

I have always liked watching TV on a new set. Enjoy yours :)

take care,
Dawn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home