"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Thursday, March 30

A close eye on this beast of mine...

Been watching my beastie boy like a hawk today, and wondering if he's off in the lala land of the chemically dependent. The vet didn't medicate him, only took a urine sample and administered fluids under the skin, but we gave him antibiotic and anti-anxiety pills when we got him home and he's been sleeping almost constantly ever since. He cozied into my TV-watching chair last night and was still there when I came downstairs this morning. He didn't curl up at the foot of the bed like he usually does, slept through breakfast, and didn't come back upstairs for something to eat until about 1 pm today.

He's snoozing away as I type and I haven't seen him drink anything at all. I'm getting a little concerned since he needs to stay well-hydrated with this cystitis stuff. Hopefully he'll slurp something with his dinner or we just may be taking another trip to the vet.

2 Comments:

At 3/30/2006 6:35 PM, Blogger Debi said...

Oh, the poor, poor baby!!! I sure do hope he improves, and very quickly!!!

 
At 3/30/2006 7:43 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

sending love and hugs to you and your baby boy.

theresa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home