"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Saturday, April 15

Bye-Bye Loves...

Well, they hit the road about an hour ago on their way back to SC and I expect to hear from them again in about 9 hours letting me know they made it home safely.

Don't think we've ever played so much UNO! Sorry, Life and cards got their fair share of attention, and the TVs and DVD player (Chronicles of Narnia) got a workout as well. Visits to Gettysburg and DC (3 times!) rounded things out nicely and we had enough food for two armies. Jim and Tammy discovered Sudoku (don't know how they missed the craze) and I think they're hooked. Along with great conversation, teasing, and visiting, it was a wonderful week.


Playing a rousing game of Life

The family clowning/posing in front of the Air & Space Museum

Front - Tammy, Jim, Michael, Christopher
Rear - Jimmy, Jacob

I so hate to see them go. It gets too darn quiet around here after a visit from the grands. Well, back to normal, I guess, though I'm thinking I want to change my "normal" - I'll miss them something fierce.

3 Comments:

At 4/15/2006 12:46 PM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

i'm sorry your family visit is over...but i'm glad to see you back here. =)

 
At 4/15/2006 7:15 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I'm sorry your time with your family has come to an end. It sounds like you had a wonderful visit though. It also sounds like you got a lot in :)

take care,
Dawn

 
At 4/18/2006 9:15 AM, Blogger Debi said...

Sounds like you all had a wonderful, wonderful time! Hope you took lots of pics. Sorry they had to head home, but it's GREAT to have you back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home