"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Tuesday, April 25

The Notebook...

*sob* - Oh my goodness, what a tear jerker! A lovely movie and in the words of #1 dgd, "the ultimate love story." I read the book and blubbered, knew what was coming in the movie, and blubbered like a baby anyway. This one will really grab your heartstrings naturally, but if you've had any dealings with elderly dementia or Alzheimer's, it'll break your heart.

I love James Garner - he plays these roles so well; same for Gena Rowlands - she's such a class actress. Ryan Gosling - cutie! - and Rachel McAdams do a great job as the younger couple. We enjoyed it.

4 Comments:

At 4/25/2006 4:19 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I loved that book and movie. Even DH was crying at the end.

take care,
Dawn

 
At 4/25/2006 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, we both cried, too. How could anyone not cry?

Oh, I am digging this music.

 
At 4/26/2006 6:50 AM, Blogger Debi said...

Geez-I'm so out of touch that I've never even heard of it. Sounds like a must-see though.
I love your movies reviews!

 
At 4/27/2006 9:13 PM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

that is *exactly* the reaction i had after watching my grandfather suffer Alzheimer's...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home