"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Saturday, September 23

R. I. P. ...

Well, as you might have guessed, the little guy was indeed gone... kicked the bucket... kaput. Gone to that great green grass stalk in the sky. Mantis heaven via my screen door. *sigh* I guess it was just his time.

Gosh, he'd been around so long, it was almost like losing a friend. I felt like we should bury him or at least have a little ceremony or something. However, a cooler head prevailed and Lew just gently removed his poor stiff body from the door and placed it on the oak tree instead. He's in a better place now, among his creepy, crawly friends.

Rest in peace, Mr. Mantis... dust to dust and all that stuff.

~ ~ ~

Heh, heh, heh - I jest, people... I jest! I don't get all this worked up about bugs - I just wanted the damn thing off the door; those beady dead eyes staring at me were unnerving! ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home