"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Tuesday, October 17

Trouble, we got trouble, with a capital "T"...

So, you may have noticed that not much has been happening here in blogland. Besides not having been in the blog mode lately (I figure I'm just experiencing a bit of a dry spell,) Blogger itself is having major issues and creating major problems for a bundle of us bloggers.

Seems every day something else either disappears on my blog or one of the bells and whistles that used to work doesn't anymore. The video stopped working for no apparent reason; sometimes images show up, sometimes they don't; folks who used to be able to leave comments no longer can; adding a new bell or whistle has become impossible, in spite of doing everything right. And that's all only if I can get logged on to begin with! Needless to say, it's become extremely frustrating.

Since all these problems have surfaced with its inception, the culprit appears to be the new Blogger Beta and whatever changes Blogger is making on their end to accommodate it. I gotta say, though, it's getting real, real old. And no one on Blogger seems to give a good damn. I may just have to investigate taking up with another blog host.

Anyway, that's my story and I sticking to it. Bear with me and hopefully the juices will start flowing again real soon... both mine and Blogger's.

3 Comments:

At 10/17/2006 7:44 PM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

sometimes the video going out is a host thing. maybe a broken link or something. i end up having to change mine up as a result of that...

 
At 10/17/2006 11:36 PM, Blogger marianne said...

Thanks, Dawn. Ya, I know - that's the first thing I checked. The host is working though so dunno what the problem is... *sigh*

 
At 10/31/2006 2:29 PM, Blogger Brown English Muffin said...

Are you on beta? The beta page did say that videos etc would not work due to code difficulties.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home