"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Monday, December 11

Monday Madness: December 11, 2006

courtesy of


This week's questions come from our good friend, and faithful participant, gabrielle. Thanks so much for your questions, Gabrielle!! And everyone, thank you for playing and have a wonderful week!

1. What song gives you the most holiday cheer?

nowadays, A Wonderful Christmas Time by Paul McCartney gets me in the spirit of things.

2. Who is the hardest person to shop for on your holiday list?

with no active hobbies to speak of, hubby can be a bit difficult. I wrack my brain but typically end up buying him "needs." He seems happy though, and that's all that counts, right?

3. When do you start your holiday shopping?

a little here and there during the year, but in earnest 'round about September-November - I blew it this year though and didn't start until after Turkey Day.

4. What food or drink do you love when it's cold out? (Recipes and

recommendations, please!)
a big bowl of steaming hot, rib-sticking soup - almost any kind, but easy-to-make Taco Soup (recipe here) has become my go-to favorite.

5. What do you do to get rid of a cold or flu?

if I get the flu or a cold, it becomes a major deal now with these worn-out lungs of mine, soooooo, it's off I go to the doctor and beg for something... anything... to fix me. Then I just grin and bear it, drink lots of fluids, stay warm, lay around, and wait for it to go away.

2 Comments:

At 12/11/2006 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Love that song too. I've never had Taco Soup before. Thanks for sharing.

Have a lovely week ahead.

Rach

 
At 12/12/2006 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanx for the taco soup recipie! I think I'll try it!

Hugs from Germany,
Sonny

Sweet like Kitty
Sonny's Xmas

 

Post a Comment

<< Home