"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Thursday, February 15

I like peanut butter, creamy peanut butter, chunky peanut butter too...

Ooops! Our jar with the suspect lot number 2111 is about 2/3 gone! I wonder if we'll make it? lol

Not meaning to treat this recall lightly, one can't help but wonder if PP peanut butter is indeed the culprit in this latest outbreak of foodborne Salmonella. Especially since we've both eaten it with no ill-effects. Seems a strange stroke of good luck that at least one of us wasn't affected


Either we've both got cast-iron stomachs, or we've both been blessed with some kind of immunity to this troublesome bacteria. Ah well, at least the powers that be are on top of the situation... or are they? They've been aware of problems since August 2006 but are only now informing the rest of us? Hmmmm... but, whadda I know, I'm only a consumer.

Haven't decided whether we'll live dangerously and finish the jar, or toss it and sample one of the competitors. After all, man cannot live on bread alone... he must have his peanut butter!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2/15/2007 1:06 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I hadn't heard about this, there's a recall on Peter Pan? We used to buy PP, but switched to Jif a while back. I also use the natural peanut butter, it's definitely an "acquired taste" :)

Have a great day!

 
At 2/15/2007 4:05 PM, Blogger Arlene said...

I say if you're not sick yet, go for it! I hadn't even heard there was a problem!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home