"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Monday, February 12

To sleep, perchance to dream...

After 20-some odd years of sleeping with the man, I finally caved and bought myself some earplugs. Yes, my guy is a snorer. A diehard, unfixable, wanna-put-a-bag-over-his-head snorer.

Short of establishing separate bedrooms, we've tried it all. We did ionizer air cleaners for awhile. We did the nose strips. I've poked, prodded, jabbed, and cussed, and ultimately, dragged my tired arse from our comfy bed to sleep elsewhere. He's done the sleep lab thing and has even had two... yes, 2 ... surgeries. They alleviated the racket temporarily, but over time, it ratchets back up again and I still get "serenaded" almost every night. Except when he drags his tired arse out of our comfy bed to go sleep elsewhere. *sigh*

So, I finally backed off of my postion of not using earplugs for fear of not hearing what I need to hear and tried them. A
fter squishing and twisting and putzing around with the silly things, I finally got them inserted correctly, turned off the light (which I didn't hear go click!) and surprisingly, enjoyed a sound night's sleep. I assume that guy I sleep with did too, cuz I sure didn't hear him. To keep it in perspective, he wasn't at his musical best last night, so it mightn't be an accurate test.

I guess only time will tell...

~ ~ ~


Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone.
Anthony Burgess

~ ~ ~

My wife says I'm making a noise like a stranded whale.
I think I have a major snoring problem.

Rex Hunt

~ ~ ~

There is a mystery
That's never been solved before.

Why can't the guy who snores

Ever seem to hear himself snore?
~ ~ ~

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 2/12/2007 11:56 PM, Blogger Southern Girl said...

Has your husband ever asked the doctor if he might be a candidate for a CPAP machine? I'm trying to get my little brother to talk to the doctor about his snoring. His wife is about ready to boot him out of bed, especially with her pregnant and not sleeping well anyway!

 
At 2/13/2007 12:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to have a boyfriend who snored. I ended up trying those wax earplugs but it ended up giving me an ear infection. Thank goodness that relationship didn't work out!

 
At 2/13/2007 12:38 AM, Blogger Arlene said...

Ahhh snoring...makes ya want to kill em!! Or at least stop their breathing for the night ;-)

I hope your ear plugs work!!

 
At 2/13/2007 12:39 AM, Blogger Arlene said...

By the way, what do you plan to do about the alarm clock, or will that wake him up?

 
At 2/13/2007 1:15 AM, Blogger marianne said...

Southern Girl - I've mentioned it and he keeps saying he's going to ask, but you know how that goes - it took me years to get him to address the problem at all!

Local Girl - ewww about the infection - ya, good thing it didn't work out! I've thought about the effects - hope I don't have a problem.

Arlene - I don't have to get up in the mornings, but it's on his side anyway and he gets it - usually. LOL

 
At 2/13/2007 7:36 AM, Blogger Debi said...

Good luck, Marianne! Do hope the plugs work out for you!

 
At 2/13/2007 9:20 AM, Blogger *krystyn* said...

I'm glad you got a good night's sleep...hope it continues.

 
At 2/14/2007 1:50 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Ooh, glad that these worked and you got some sleep. My husband doesn't snore much, except when he's stopped up or extremely tired, but when he does, it wakes me up and keeps me up. I'm really sensitive to light and sound when I'm trying to sleep. Good to know these might work, I'll file this away for a possible need later on :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home