"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Friday, February 2

Stuff Portrait Friday



Did You Play??






Kristine wants buttons today - boy, do I have buttons!

I have my mom's collection. The woman never threw away a perfectly good button, and cut them off of shirts, blouses, coats, PJs, etc. before disposing of them. You just never knew when you'd need a button, you know?? ;)

Who would have thought that something as simple as a box of buttons could give so much pleasure to a child? They've been a great source of curiosity and wonder for little ones who love poking through and oohing and aahing over all the different colors and styles.

I've used many - eyes or noses for a beloved stuffed animal, dress-up costumes, replacement repairs, etc. - so her collection has diminished over the years, but I've also added my own. They pale in comparison though, to the unique and colorful collection of buttons that began with my mom.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 2/02/2007 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool buttons. I loved my mother's button tin!

I played, too!

 
At 2/02/2007 3:59 PM, Blogger Jenni said...

Nice buttons! I used to play with my grandmother's collection all the time. I sure wish I had them now.

Happy SPF! Thanks for stopping by mine!

 
At 2/02/2007 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom always had a big jar of buttons too. Nice memory to think of. :-)

Have a great Friday and thanks for stopping by my SPF too.

 
At 2/02/2007 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, they look a lot like my buttons! The only thing is I don't seem to use my buttons, I just take them out every once in a while and pet them!

Happy SPF!

 
At 2/02/2007 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom did this too and you know I don't know why I don't? I think I'll start. :)

 
At 2/02/2007 10:08 PM, Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

That's a lotta buttons! They come in handy, though, don't they?

Thanks for stopping by mine :)

 
At 2/03/2007 12:42 PM, Blogger Rach said...

Oooo .. I love button collections from years gone by. My Mom had a huge tin of them, when I was growing up .. I think she still has that tin (not sure), and I agree .. hours of time wasted spilling through and looking at all the unique designs.

Thanks for stopping by mine and commenting too. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home