"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Tuesday, April 24

Random babbling...

Woof! I didn't realize it had been so long since I've written anything. I've been shamefully neglecting my blog and have been summarily reminded of said neglect by my pal, Claudia. Sorry, girl - didn't mean to cause you concern.

I'm still having fun with my camera and photo blog, and what little I have had to say is ending up there. I'm pretty pleased with many of the photos I've taken so far and my sister 365'ers and visitors have been very supportive and sweet with their comments.

We've also been busily preparing for the family room makeover... and suffering a bit of sticker shock along the way. Stuff sure is pricey! Needs doing, however, so we'll get there eventually. The chairs have been sent out for reupholstering, the window/patio door treatments are on order, we're waiting on an estimate for fireplace work, and we have to make a trip to the floor store to choose what we want. In the meantime, we've picked up the mantle sculptures and some of the lights we'll be using. So, things are moving along.

The weather gods have been smiling on us the past several days and things are greening up and blooming. Even things I thought had died have proven me wrong and given me bursts of happy. Along with good weather comes spring gardening - chores and planting. Gah! - it's unbelievable how many weeds we get from the neighboring farm- the deadnettle just takes over everywhere so Lew has been kept busy getting rid of it all. We'll probably be going to the nursery soon to get ready for my annual Mother's Day plant-a-thon. Can't think of a better way to spend my day than by digging in the dirt... unless, of course, my kids were all here! :)

Okay, I'm done - gotta get some dinner on...

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4/25/2007 9:08 AM, Blogger Debi said...

I do hope you're taking photos of the big make-over. I'd love to see it transformed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home