"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Saturday, April 14

Weekend doings...

So Lew is outside mowing the grass - first cut of the season - and it smells soooo good! I'm enjoying it while I can (see today's photo) because the weather is supposed to turn crazy (ha! so what's new this year?) again with more cold and wicked rain blowing in from the midwest later on today and tomorrow.

I'm prepared for a cold weekend though. Got some movies from Blockbuster - The Break-Up, Inside Man, and RV - firewood, soup in the freezer, and ingredients for more fruit dip (flavored cream cheese and marshmallow creme.) Or maybe I'll bake a peach/butter pecan dump cake and really load up on calories!

If I gotta be inside in the middle of April, I'm gonna be comfy cozy... and full!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 4/15/2007 7:46 AM, Blogger Debi said...

Sounds like you're all set! Peach/butter pecan dump cake...yum! That alone would be enough to keep me happy!

 
At 4/15/2007 1:52 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Sounds great Marianne! Hope you guys enjoy your weekend. It's much of the same here - the rain moved through on Saturday and now it's really windy and much chillier here. I went and got us 3 movies and we ordered pizza last night.

We've seen The Break-Up and Inside Man (both at the theater last year) and they were both pretty good. Haven't seen RV yet... let us know if you like them :)

Enjoy!

 
At 4/15/2007 11:17 PM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

all the rain/snow/sleet is robbing me of Red Sox. =(

 
At 4/20/2007 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you survived the storm ok...it sounds like you guys had a doozy. But it also sounds like you were well prepared to hunker down.

It's past time for me to do my 2nd mowing of the year...sigh...

 
At 4/21/2007 6:00 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

It was quite the weather week here too! I rented RV as well. One of the first few scenes had DS (8 years old) in a laughing fit...me...in a gagging fit!

I love the smell of a freshly mowed lawn. Ours hasn't grown enough this season yet :)

take care,
Dawn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home