"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Wednesday, April 25

Some things never change...

*sigh* Ants. The little beasts are back from their winter hiatus and are proving to be more of a pita than usual. They made their first appearance about a month ago... one here, one there... but that's usually just the beginning signs.

In the past two-three weeks they've shown up on the window sill and along the floor, but worst of all - waltzing nonchalantly as you please across my kitchen counter and table! Oh, no, no, no - that's just not going to happen! We were only seeing them one, two, maybe three at a time, but still... not on my kitchen counters or table!

So, the bug man was here last week for his regularly scheduled visit. He poked and he probed and he crawled around and he found nests outside where they were coming inside. So he sprayed and he dusted and Lew caulked up a couple of spots where there were gaps. Sounds like a good plan of attack, yes? NOT!

They're still showing up daily. I expect what I see dead on the floor. That tells me the stuff is working, However, I don't expect to still see them prancing across the counter or table. Every day. One at a time. How strange is that? What's even stranger is they're not going where the food is! Go figure!

Miserable critters. Why they can't stay outside where they belong is beyond me. I'll give it a few more days, and then I'm calling the bug man back.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 4/25/2007 4:10 PM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

man, do i hate ants, too.

 
At 4/26/2007 9:03 AM, Blogger Debi said...

Oh no! I remember all your problems last year...sorry those problems aren't a thing of the past. You know, I actually find ants to be incredibly fascinating creatures, but I'm with you...I'd rather they stayed out of my house!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home