"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Wednesday, January 2

Where's my bookmark?

Wanting to do something new and a little different to start off the year, I've decided to join What's In A Name, a reading challenge hosted by Annie, the most delightful and gifted 10 year-old daughter of blogging buddy, Debi.

The rules are simple - read 6 books between January 1,2008 - December 31, 2008 in each of the following categories:

1. A book with a color in its title.
my choice: Whitethorn Woods, by Maeve Binchy

2. A book with an animal in its title.
my choice: Water for Elephants, by Sara Gruen

3. A book with a first name in its title.
my choice: Mary, Mary, by James Patterson

4. A book with a place in its title.
my choice: Shutter Island, by Dennis Lehane

5. A book with a weather event in its title.
my choice: Eye of the Storm, by James A. Forrest

6. A book with a plant in its title.
my choice: A Rose for Her Grave, by Ann Rule

Couldn't be easier, you don't need a blog to join in the fun and you can change your list during the year if you want.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 1/03/2008 8:18 AM, Blogger Debi said...

Welcome to the challenge--thanks for joining in! I hope you have fun!

--Annie

 
At 1/03/2008 9:52 AM, Blogger Debi said...

Oh, thank you so much for joining Annie's challenge, Marianne! It is just soooo fun to have friends and family joining in! Love your choices, too.

 
At 1/03/2008 1:18 PM, Blogger Fresh Girl said...

I've read Mary, Mary and Shutter Island...don't remember much about the former, but the latter was great, albeit very strange. ;)

 
At 1/03/2008 4:57 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Ooh, fun! I joined this one too, Marianne. In fact, this is the only reading challenge I've joined, although I considered others. I thought Annie did a great job coming up with the title and categories for this one. It's not too stringent, I am pretty sure I can read these books in the time frame :)

Happy Reading!!!

 
At 3/22/2008 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marianne,

Thanks so much for choosing my story! I hope you enjoy it and look forward to hearing what you think.

Best wishes,
James A. Forrest

 

Post a Comment

<< Home