"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Sunday, April 20

Camera Critters: Sleepy ducks

Came across this meme in my travels 'round the Internet and thought it might be fun to play. For more photo links, look here.

These little fellas caught my eye as we strolled along Carroll Creek park promenade the other day. (As part of a flood-control project, the creek runs in a waist-deep, manmade concrete channel.) I thought snoozing ducks would make a cool photo, but as I was taking the picture, the scene really got funny.

With heads tucked in, they'd drift for a minute or so until the movement of the water brought them to the edge. Then, they'd poke their heads up, paddle back to the middle, get all tucked in again, and drift back over to the edge. I can't count how many times they did this, over and over again, and I don't see how they got much rest since the whole process took about two minutes, but it sure was fun to watch. :)

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At 4/20/2008 4:15 PM, Blogger Misty DawnS said...

They are so pretty, and that's a really funny story. No rest for the busy duck I guess hehe. Thanks for playing CC - this is a great post!

 
At 4/20/2008 4:32 PM, Blogger Juli said...

That is a funny story. Its funny how they are both identical in how they are sleeping. My critter is here if you want to check him out!

 
At 4/20/2008 5:54 PM, Blogger Mom Knows Everything said...

What a nice picture! They look so peaceful.

 
At 4/20/2008 6:23 PM, Blogger Jane Hards Photography said...

Funny story, funny image, a fine photo.

 
At 4/20/2008 8:48 PM, Blogger Lilli & Nevada said...

That is so cute, i bet it was hilarious to watch.

 
At 4/20/2008 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute, cute ducks. Such a fun photo.

 
At 4/20/2008 9:45 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Ooh, fun, I played this one for the first time this weekend too, Marianne :)

Great shot, I love how the sunlight is all dappled on the water. And those snoozing ducks make a great photo, but the story is so much better. I could really picture them, after your description!

Have a great day :)

 
At 4/21/2008 12:26 AM, Blogger Katney said...

I guess they really wanted to sleep on the water rather than on the land.

 
At 4/21/2008 11:20 AM, Blogger This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Marianne: Great picture and funny story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home