"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Wednesday, October 1

Fall Display

The temps are cooling, the leaves are turning color, and the Redskins are playing again. Sure signs that fall has arrived.

In the past, I haven't usually done much outdoor fall decorating, but for some reason, I've been prompted to do more this year to prettify our surroundings. Maybe it's the addition of the railings that make it feel like a "real" porch, I dunno.

Anyway, as we meandered 'round and about town the other day, we picked up a few pots of mums, some pumpkins, gourds, and Indian corn. Add a basket to some porch furniture, stick our friendly resident scarecrow in the ground, and it looks right fall-ish!






Now I just hope none of the country critters get the hungers and decide to munch on my decor!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 10/01/2008 1:41 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

Very pretty. Makes me want to cuddle next to a fire.

 
At 10/01/2008 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does look pretty, Marianne. I think I've finally been bitten by the autumn bug, too.

 
At 10/01/2008 5:19 PM, Blogger Desert Songbird said...

Very lovely, Marianne. I just can't get excited about decorating for autumn around here when temps are still around 100 degrees.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home