"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Friday, September 19

And one more thing...

... besides all the stuff about him in the post below, I need to repeat... he cooks too!!

Recently, to use up apples we already had on hand, he made some fried cinammon apples a couple of times and they've been scrumptious. Not only a nice and different side dish, but great for a dessert topping too.

So, the other day, he took a run up to the orchard we go to to pick up a couple gallons of apple cider (which, by the way, is out of this world delicious! It's like drinking a crisp, cold apple... soooo good.) Anyway, while he was there, he also picked up another peck of apples for the freezer. We weren't sure what we were going to make, but we were going to make something apple-y to enjoy later on.

Well, today he decided to go ahead and start making something, and as I type, is upstairs peeling, coring, and cooking up batches of cinammon appples.

Gotta love a man who cooks -- his mama raised him good and proper! :)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9/19/2008 10:24 PM, Blogger Desert Songbird said...

My hubby's idea of cooking is to boil water and then ask me what pasta he should put in the pot.

 
At 9/20/2008 11:20 AM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

My husband loves to grill and occasionally likes to cook eggs and bacon, but that's about it. I don't think he could make a dessert or fruit dish if he tried! That's awesome that Lew is so gifted in that area :)

I so wish we had an apple orchard or even good apples here. I will get some apple cider closer to the holidays because I love it. And I saw a recipe on a food blog I read for making applesauce in the crockpot. So when apples get more plentiful and reasonable in the grocery store here, I hope to remember to buy a bag and try that out.

I know you'll enjoy whatever he makes!!!

 
At 9/25/2008 4:40 PM, Blogger Heather said...

i have one who cooks and bakes too! he is also very handy with everything. now if i could just have him cut his work load outside the house for everyone else and have him get some stuff done around here!
stop by i did a couple of the question/answers i saw on your blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home