"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Monday, September 1

Gah!

What is wrong with this podunk part of the state I live in!! I swear, sometimes it feels like we live in some undeveloped, backwoods burg isolated from the rest of the entire civilized world!

I have these neat little kitchen gizzies that I use when baking potatoes. I don't what they're called -- potato nails, spikes, whatever -- but they look like this
and work just great. Potatoes take less time to bake, and come out nice and fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside.

I have six, but thought it would be right convenient to have a few more for those times (like now) when I'm stocking the freezer with baked potato items and want to bake more than six potatoes at a time. Now, the whole rest of the country can find these NORMAL, everyday items at their local grocery store,* right? Or, at the very least, at their local Wal or K Mart, right? Ha! Not here in Frederick County!

Poor Lew ran all over town
looking for some today, and I do mean ALL OVER -- Giant, Safeway, Bloom's, WalMart, KMart, Target, Bed, Bath, and Beyond, a couple of department stores, and even the Dollar Store -- and nada. Zilch. Zero. Nothing. Some gal wanted to sell him bamboo skewers instead.

Aarghh!


*which is where I got the ones I have to begin with!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home