"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Monday, August 25

Breathe in, breathe in, more, more, more...

... now blow out - more, more, keep going, keep going. Gad, how I hate this test! Had to go have my breathing checked today and it really is one of the few things in life that I dread.

You have to sit in this "body box" thing and go through a series of breathing exercises with your lips clamped around a mouthpiece and a clothespin-like device clamped on your nose. The idea is to breathe through your mouth while a machine records ... well, whatever it records - stuff like
lung capacity and all. Have you ever tried breathing with a hunk of plastic in your mouth?? It's just not normal! You have to keep blowing air out 'til you damn near pass out and when you're not dealing with a whole lot of oxygen to begin with, it's... well, it's almost traumatizing for my delicate little self!

Anyway, she did a brief comparison with my last test results and things weren't too much different, so I'm kinda holding my own. A pleasant surprise since I thought it had probably worsened.

Whew! Glad that's over! I'd almost rather have a colonoscopy... no, wait... I didn't mean that! ;)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8/26/2008 8:04 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

Well that certainly doesn't sound too comfortable!!! I'm glad to hear you haven't worsened. How often do you have to get this test done?

take care,
Dawn

 
At 8/28/2008 6:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so is the colonoscopy the same thing, I mean blow out or off through the plastic tube & keep going, keep going, geep going....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home