"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Sunday, August 17

I hate good-byes...

My boys are gone, my house is mausoleum quiet, and my heart is sad. *sniff* They go back to school on Wednesday, the 20th (what a weird start day!) so we reluctantly gave them back to Jim and Tammy yesterday at our usual half-way point.

As they get older, it becomes harder and harder to say good-bye. I suppose because
deep down I know that these month-long visits will soon disappear. Oh, I know they'll still want to visit and we'll still have the fun, laughter, and yes, even the trivial squabbles that we usually have, but I think those visits will become fewer and further in between. As they develop more friends and more interests, there'll be many more other places that they'll want to be.

I know it's the normal progression of life, and I wouldn't have it any other way, but sometimes this
getting older thing just bites ... majorly.

On a brighter note, it was a gorgeous day and our drive was pleasant and uneventful, though loooong. Everyone made it back to their respective abodes safely and all is well. :)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8/17/2008 6:35 PM, Blogger sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

(((hugs)))

I miss my nieces and nephew something awful. If I see them once a year, it's a lot. Blah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home