"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Thursday, July 17

Wuss Puss-es

I don't expect them to be watch-cats, to sit at the door yowlingl (whatever the feline equivalent of barking is,) or to bite the first strange ankle that crosses the threshold. On the other hand, it's beyond comical to watch them slink and slither along the hall as they haul ass under the bed everytime someone knocks on the door!

Doesn't matter what's going on up to the point of the first knock. They can be playing or being petted or scritched. They can be eating. They can even be sleeping, but a sound at the door automatically raises the fur on their hackles and they try to look slick and nonchalant while they beat feet to tuck said derri
ères under the dark safety of the bed.

One would think that after many times of the same bodies coming through the front door (i.e., grandkids, cleaning ladies, exterminator, etc.) the beasties would be used to them. Nope, not my kitties. Under the bed they go.

What wuss puss-es I have!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7/18/2008 5:41 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

It sounds like they have character!!! Tim really wants to get a cat. I'm at the point where I am entertaining the thought...but not much beyond that.

take care,
Dawn

 
At 7/19/2008 10:37 PM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

That created such a comical mental image!

 
At 7/20/2008 11:32 AM, Blogger sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

my cat is a fraidy cat, too!!

 
At 7/29/2008 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My grandmother's cats are exactly the same. I'm going to print this post for her (she doesn't "do" computers) because she'll love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home