"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Tuesday, July 8

Oh, gaaaack!!

Come my next birthday, I'm going to be 6..., well, sixty-something, okay? For most of those sixty-something years, I've lived on the east coast of these yew-nited states. Never, as in at no time, have I ever - no, not ever - laid eyes on a critter called a dobsonfly. I've never even heard of a dobsonfly, have you??

Well,not until today anyway. The topic of said creature came up on the message board I hang out on, and after wondering what the heck a dobsonfly was, I foolishly Googled the thing. Uhhmm, I would strongly suggest, if you're the least bit squeamish in the area of bugs, that you NOT Google images for a peek at a dobsonfly. Not only are these things ginormous - I mean, big enough to kidnap my cat!! - but they're ugly too. About 4-5 inches long with pincers that look like they could definitely inflict some damage. Apparently they hang out in the eastern states, near water, feed on other insect larva, and aren't considered a pest. Whatever. That pest part would be a matter of opinion.

I didn't know what it was, but now that I do, know I sure don't ever want to encounter one. Ewww, fugly!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 7/08/2008 10:29 PM, Blogger Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

I'm not a fan of bugs in anyway...I'm going to look this one up....
Hugs,
Mo :-)

 
At 7/08/2008 10:35 PM, Blogger Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

Looked it up and yep its ugly....
Hugs,
Mo :-)

 
At 7/09/2008 9:11 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

I think I will take your advice and not google it. EWE!! I am not a big fan of bugs. If they leave me alone I will leave them alone!

Stop by my blog. I have an award for you :) :)

take care,
Dawn

 
At 7/10/2008 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eeew is right. Don't worry, I won't look. I don't want to see it.

 
At 7/11/2008 1:49 PM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

I am going to take your word for it & not look it up so I don't feel like my skin is crawling for the next 3 days. Kind of like when someone smells something & holds it out to you while saying "Ugh! Smell this!" No need to know, thanks. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home