"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Monday, June 30

Why bother?

Well, that was hardly worth the effort it took to get the stupid thing in the mail! Our stimulus rebate from Uncle Sam arrived today, in an amount less than half of what their letter (and our calculation) said it would be. Without getting into the wisdom of the whole idea to begin with, what a waste of government man hours, paperwork, postage... and my tax dollars.

Sure glad we weren't depending on it for anything... it's not even enough to stimulate the gas tank!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7/01/2008 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, bummer. We just got a notice to expect ours soon.

 
At 7/01/2008 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, at least you got something! I went to site last week to see when I might be getting MINE and they said I WASN'T...didn't earn enough. What a waste to inform me a few months back to expect it. That's our government doing what they do best...waste tax dollars!!!

 
At 7/02/2008 7:41 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

Sorry that happened to you. I have mine spent several times over :) It's hard to pay for things that way. :) :)

take care,
Dawn

 
At 7/02/2008 10:12 AM, Blogger Covered In Crafts said...

Ug I feel your pain. We didn't get half of what other families the same size and income as us got. ((hugs))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home