"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Tuesday, September 9

Uh Oh, Spaghetti-Os

In our travels 'round and about town the other day, we parked the car on the street to take a walk along the creek promenade to the library. As I got out of the car, I couldn't help but notice a can of Spaghetti-Os staring back at me. Yep, a can of Spaghetti-Os. There it was, all nice and neatly tucked into this hole in the wall, just like it belonged there. It even had a plastic spoon sticking out of it.

Well, I assume it was a spoon, could've been a fork, but there was a plastic spoon lying on the ground nearby, so I made that assumption. At any rate, I wasn't about to investigate further and poke around or touch the thing. I mean, who knows what might've been in there or who touched it with what, ya know?

So anyway, since I had camera in hand, I took a few shots. I thought it would make a cool addition to my still life collection... kind of my version of a Warhol, ya know? ;) heh, heh, heh.


The Original

My Warholized Version
(created with fd's flickr toys)


After I took my pictures and we went on our way, I got to thinking. How did a can of Spaghetti-Os end up in a hole in the wall anyway? Was it some unfortunate homeless person's dinner? Were they coming back to finish it later? Ewwww! Or, maybe some harried worker with deadlines
to meet and no time for lunch had to eat on the run?

Could it have been a hassled or less than paragon of parenting mom (or dad) shoving the can at their kid and saying "here, eat your lunch!" on the way home from the corner market? Or maybe a little boy collected some worms or other gross ickies but thought twice about bringing them home to Mom so tucked his treasures into a safe hidey-hole?

Ah well, who knows -- but wouldn't you just love to be a fly on the wall sometimes?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9/09/2008 3:36 PM, Blogger Heather said...

if it was not for the "utensil" stikcing out i would go for the last scenerio for peace of mind. all the others just seem so sad (ok maybe not the hurried worker on his lunch break) but the homeless person and the poor kid who had to eat it for dinner on the way home from the market.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home