"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Tuesday, September 2

So, what'd you do today??...


... ehh, not much -- just washed my pits.


Peach pits, that is. Never in my wildest imagination did I ever picture myself washing ... no, no, make that scrubbing ... peach pits!! With a vegetable brush, no less! And soap and water. I mean, really, who does that? Who goes to all that trouble?

*timidly raising hand*... me.

Ever since I got the photography bug with Project 365 last year, I find myself looking at and seeing things I never paid a bit of attention to before. I crawl around on the floor, on the ground, over and under things, noticing so much more than I ever did and seeing things with a new eye. Like textures and shadows and reflections.

So, while freezing peaches the other day, I
was struck not only by the shape of a peach pit, but by the unique texture as well. Hmmmm, thought I ... these might make an interesting picture someday ... and set some aside to deal with later.

Today they got dealt with and are nicely lined up and drying on a paper towel on my kitchen counter.

I know, I know - I need to get out more...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9/03/2008 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got the same idea last year about acorns. I put them in a ziploc bag, and pretty soon I had hatched worms.

Yuck! That just grossed me out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home