"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Thursday, September 11

Just do it!

For years I struggled with ill-fitting bras. In the beginning, I didn't have a whole lot to put in one, so finding something to hold my itty-bitty pretties was an achievement in itself. As time went on and I developed a bit more, fitting in one wasn't as much of a problem as keeping the damn thing in place. What is it with bras that it becomes an incessant battle of tugging, pulling, and rearranging every time you move? As I was to learn later, it's usually the result of trying to stuff ourselves into bras that are too small. Go figure, huh?

Anyway, as I matured aged and put on a few extra pounds, my boobage took on a life of its own and
woo hoo!... I finally had me some cleavage! Said cleavage, however, came complete with the added aggravation of boob spillage, sore shoulders, and that nasty, unsightly fleshy stuff hanging out all over the place.

About three years ago, after being influenced by Oprah and a group of lady friends, I went and had myself fitted for a bra by someone who knew what they were doing (in my case, the lingerie lady at Nordstrom's.) I also bought myself three really good bras, which I have since added to. Whoa!! What a difference! Size- and comfort-wise!

The girls now sit nice and perky... well, you know, not really perky perky, but not hanging down to my belly button either... up where they belong, my clothes fit better, and I can't tell you the last time my shoulders hurt or I had to readjust anything. I can't believe I waited so long to do something so ridiculously simple!

I passed my good experience on to my sister and today found out she finally treated herself to a fitting and some new feminine pretties. After her own good experience, she then took her daughter shopping for a fitting and new stuff too.

So, now I'm passing it on to my myriad fan base (yuk, yuk) -- do yourself a favor, ladies, and go get yourself fitted by a professional. And buy yourself a few good bras too. You'll feel better, look better, and besides that ... you deserve it!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9/11/2008 10:43 PM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

There's nothing like a well-fitted bra. If only my wallet didn't cry when I need to buy them...

 
At 9/12/2008 11:01 AM, Blogger Heather said...

that is it...i am going to do that today! i find myself in a much better mood when i have a good bra and well after 2 kids and a lot of weight gain...(which i hope to have all off by spring for alison's wedding) i need just that! thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home