"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Saturday, September 27

We've lost a legend...

Paul Leonard Newman
January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008


~ ~ ~

"Funny, upright, smart, brave, moral, talented, faithful, honest, manly, wise, humble: he's simply good people. A mensch, in fact and deed.

...my work seems very unimportant right now, and so, it seems to me, is a repetition of the man's amazing accomplishments on screen, on the race track, in the fields of food sales and philanthropy and as a family man, public citizen and friend. What matters is that a good -- and maybe a great -- man is passing from among us, and our world will be just that much smaller when he has gone.


So just this, then: Godspeed."


Shawn Levy -
Film Critic, Author, Biographer - June 10, 2008


I am so, so, sad...

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 9/27/2008 10:45 AM, Blogger Desert Songbird said...

I knew it was inevitable when I heard the diagnosis, but, still, it was a shock to read first thing this morning when I opened the news reader.

 
At 9/27/2008 10:53 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

I hadn't heard that yet. How very sad.

take care,
Dawn

 
At 9/27/2008 3:00 PM, Blogger Heather said...

i swear i am the last to know everything...he was such a great man...i loved him in a message in a bottle, even though he was not the lead i feel that he was a great actor and that was a great roll.

 
At 9/28/2008 12:48 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

He was beautiful! I am sad too!

 
At 9/30/2008 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know, I just had to have a good cry about this. God blessed us with a very special gift for 83 years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home