"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Monday, January 19

What will the neighbors think??

My daughter-in-law is an EMT and works for a medical transport company in SC. Today, her and a co-worker/driver were scheduled to transport and deliver an elderly patient to a nursing home here in MD, then immediately return to SC. It's about a nine-ten hour trip.

Since they were only going to be about an hour or so from us, they managed to make a quick layover stop. I fed them, had a delightful, but too short visit, and reluctantly sent them on their way at about 10:30 pm.

I had already threatened her with serious bodily injury if she turned on the siren. So, she didn't. However, as they're backing out of the driveway, that warning back-up beeper thing started beeping like crazy and she turned
on the flashing red lights instead as they drove off. LOL

I just know my neighbors are going to be wondering what the heck an ambulance was doing in our driveway and is everything okay!! :D

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1/20/2009 2:51 AM, Blogger Laurie said...

I'm sure the neighbors were gawking! Your daughter has a neat sense of humor!

 
At 1/20/2009 2:19 PM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

I bet you got your whole neighborhood peeping out between their blinds wondering! ;-)

By the way, it's nice to see you over here a little more lately! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home