"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Sunday, January 10

What the heck is going on?

Okay, I'm really starting to get a complex now. I'm convinced the powers that be in the skin care industry are out to get me! I don't use a whole lot of creams and lotions and stuff, I'm just not disciplined enough to slather up every day and night, but I do use something when or if I remember and when I get out of the shower.

So anyway, my body lotion of choice for the last couple-three years has been Aveeno, specifically this one:

Aveeno Positively Smooth moisturizing lotion. Great stuff, non-greasy, gently fragranced, and keeps my bone-dry skin relatively moisturized for awhile. I really like it and keep a bottle on my desk for my hands and one in my bathroom for the rest of me.

Used to be I could just pick it up at the drug or grocery store. Not anymore! The damn stuff seems to have gone underground and is becoming impossible to find. Their regular daily moisturizing lotion is all over the place, as well as the positively smooth shaving cream (uh, no thanks) but not the stuff above.

So, I checked out Amazon and yea! they had it! I quick put a 3-pack in my cart Friday night and don't you know before I could buy the stuff yesterday, the seller no longer had it!! Grrrrrr. Okay, so I found another seller who said they had it in stock so I quick grabbed three and ordered them. We shall see what happens.

But wait, there's more.

I'm also picky about the lip balm I use. Years ago Vaseline had a stick-type product that was wonderful. Creamier, smoother, and not as dry as Chapstick was at the time. Anyway, guess what? Yes, of course... they discontinued it. Okay, so then I used Chapstick for awhile but I never really liked it. Then I discovered Neosporin LT about three years ago:


Lovely stuff. Comes in a tube, like regular Neosporin, but it's specifically for the lips and works great for healing chapped, dry lips, especially in the winter.

Think I can find it in my neck of the woods anymore? Oh, nooooo. It too seems to have disappeared (though still listed as a current product on their site) and all that seems to be available is their Lip Health hydration
SPF product, which is fine if you're gonna be frying in the sun. i want my Lip Treatment for chapped lips!

So, while I'm doing the lotion thing at Amazon, I also found the lip treatment and put a 3-pack of it in my cart. Would you believe the same thing happened?? Another notice from Amazon that that listed seller doesn't have it anymore!! Okay, so now I'm getting crazy! Why does this keep happening? Fortunately, I found another seller and quick ordered the stuff when I ordered the lotion. I really don't expect to get either one, but maybe I'll get lucky, we'll see.

Talk about your conspiracy theories. H
ow come everything I like abruptly disappears? Why can't the manufacturers just leave a perfectly good product alone? They're out to get me, I'm telling ya...


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 1/10/2010 4:16 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

No, they're not out just for you, just for those of us who find a product we like and stick with it and don't want the latest and greatest! This happens to me a lot. With a lot of things, some household supplies, a lot of cooking items, and several personal care type items. You're definitely preaching to the choir, I fuss about it all the time :)

Other than Amazon, have you tried drugstore.com? I think the problem is that the manufacturer stops making it, for the newer, better product, and you can't find it anywhere. Boo-hoo, I say!

Stay warm :)

 
At 1/10/2010 5:30 PM, Blogger marianne said...

Stacy, I think we should organize a massive blogger protest! lol

Yep, drugstore.com and Amazon are my go tos when I can't find something - if drugstore doesn't have it, you know it's gone... and they didn't. :(

You stay warm too!

 
At 1/11/2010 11:55 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Boy can I relate! I have a foot cream that I use that works fantastic. Eucerin Plus. Trying to find it anymore is a joke, so when I do see it I hoard a few tubes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home