"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Tuesday, September 27

Blog Challenge...

There's this weekly blog challenge that goes on at 2Peas that I learned about from Kajira so thought I'd give it a try. I needed Lew's help to kick-start my brain cuz naturally I don't think I'm quirky - I think I'm perfectly normal... don't we all? :-D

"This week [Sept 26th] we are going silly and talking about our quirks. Things about us that are abnormal, bizarre, crazy, curious, far out, flaky, fly ball, freakish, funky, funny, geeky, kooky, nutty, odd, oddball, off-center, offbeat, outlandish, peculiar, strange, uncommon, unconventional, unusual, way out, weird, AND whacky..WHEW!"

1. I cannot abide Mick Jagger! Can't stand looking at him, can't stand listening to him. I have an almost visceral revulsion towards the guy. Just don't see the attraction that millions of others do.

2. I stand on one leg like a stork when washing dishes or sometimes when cooking.

3. I'm almost anal about towels and linens being folded "right" (translation = my way) and the way they're stored in the linen closet - big fold facing out, open edges on the right.

4. Don't call my house before 10am any day... never, ever. Unless you want to talk to a machine.

5. I don't wear make-up, not even lipstick.

6. I don't like green stuff. Green belongs outside -- grass, trees, etc. Green doesn't belong inside on my walls or bed or furniture or bathroom, etc. I don't wear anything green except maybe for St. Patrick's Day. The contradiction?? I have green eyes... and my blog is green! Go figure.

7. I like Spam - the food, not the mail. Fried Spam sandwich - yummy!

8. I don't like fir evergreen trees or bushes. They don't stay evergreen, they turn brown. Fir trees belong in the woods, not in my front yard.

9. I peel the strings from celery, peach fuzz doesn't touch my lips, and I don't do tomatoes. Tomato sauce or juice, yes, tomatoes, no.

10. I organize the tops hanging in my closet by color -- whites, yellows, coral, pinks, reds, blues, lavendar and multi or patterned.

Hmmmmm... I'm seeing some definite AR or OCD behavior here. LOL

5 Comments:

At 9/27/2005 11:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I agree that there is a proper way to fold towels!
Thanks for sharing. :)

 
At 9/27/2005 11:48 AM, Blogger Collette Osuna said...

Marianne...great list!!!
I can almost picture you doing the dishes!!! :)

 
At 9/27/2005 12:36 PM, Blogger Heather said...

My DH won't fold laundry for me because once I "yelled" at him for folding them the wrong way! :) LOL
They sit on the shelves the same way, I don't want others to see the "raw edges". (My sheets are folded perfectly too!)

I also have clothes in order of color. (there's one section of the closet for my DH's long sleeve dress shirts, they hang in color order), the same for his short sleeve dress shirts, polos, etc... :)

Fun list! :)

 
At 9/27/2005 12:37 PM, Blogger Tina said...

My husband does the laundry and folds everything. I come behind him the next day and re-fold it all the "correct" way! He has no idea, poor man. ;)

I can't handle Mick Jagger either. Blah!

I have my closet color coded too. :)

 
At 9/27/2005 9:08 PM, Blogger Patience said...

I am with you on the fir trees... still trying to get some out of my back yard. Thanks for sharing a great list!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home