"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Monday, April 30

In the eyes of the beholder...

A photo entry on Southern Girl's blog reminded me of a funny story with my dear and goofy friend, Claudia (hey, girl!) Love her to pieces for more reasons than I can say, but her unique and wacky sense of humor has always been right up there at the top of my list.

One summer, years ago, we (I used to be married to her brother) went up to her place in NY for a visit. One day during our stay, she made a quick trip to the store to pick up something or other and came back as excited as a child with a new puppy!

Apparently a local clothing/department-type store was going out of business and selling everything in the store, including display items. She was all giggly and babbling on and on about this great deal she found. I think it cost all of a quarter or something like that.

Now I love a good deal as much as the next gal and I figured it was going to be some great clothing item, but I'm not so sure I could have gotten all that worked up about the mannequin's foot she pulled out from the bag. Yes, a mannequin's foot! She was going to make a planter out of this hideous thing for the top of her TV and had grand visions of flowing philodendron or some such trailing down the sides. The girl was beside herself with happy. Creative, yes, but wacky as hell! ;)

So, Claudia, I don't remember... did you ever??

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 4/30/2007 4:51 PM, Blogger Southern Girl said...

Oh, that's funny! And it reminds ME of a friend of mine who somehow inherited her aunt's fake leg -- my friend fills it with candy and sits it by the front door for when the trick-o-treaters come by at Halloween. Always creeps them out big time! ;)

 
At 5/01/2007 6:56 AM, Blogger Debi said...

Oh...now that's funny!

 
At 5/03/2007 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't remember that but it brings up thoughts of the movie the Christmas Story....was I ahead of myself or what! Claudia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home