"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Tuesday, January 15

At the movies...

Well, I finally got around to watching Man on Fire w/Denzel Washington tonight. It had its share of blood, violence, and corruption for hard-core action thriller fans, but good acting and a pretty good plot made this a gripping revenge flick worth watching.

I would have enjoyed it a lot more had it not been for the hyper filming technique. It may be the stylish "in" way to go nowadays, but the frenzied camera work and montage-type editing drove me crazy, gave me a headache, and made me want to cover my eyes.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1/16/2008 10:23 AM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Hey Marianne!

We liked that one too, from what I can remember. I think it was really violent, from what I remember. We also liked him in Deja Vu, but you have to be open to a time shifting aspect to a movie. Deja Vu is set in post-Katrina New Orleans, so we liked that too.

I'm with you on the camera shake. I hate that and wish they would all stop. We love (and own) all of the Bourne movies and the last two use a lot of that. The second one especially. It almost makes me sick and does give me a headache. Really good movies though!

Have a great day!

 
At 1/16/2008 10:26 AM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

The camera work really played a big part in me not liking this movie. Also, if I remember correctly, didn't they do a lot of "jumping around in time?" I thought I had a hard time keeping track of what was present & what was past...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home