"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Tuesday, January 8

Meandering thoughts...

So here we are, almost into the middle of January... J-A-N-U-A-R-Y... and our temperature today was a record-breaking 73 degrees! Woof! Makes it real hard to get into the spirit of this week's winter (ha!) theme on my photo blog.

Nooooo! Redskins coach Joe Gibbs retired today. What a loss. He's been a such a treasure. Former Steelers coach
Bill Cowher's name is being bandied about as a replacement, along with 'Skins defensive coach, Greg Williams. It'll be interesting.

Post-retirement Medicare/insurance coverage is turning out to be a real pain in the ass! Besides being obnoxiously and unnecessarily confusing, I had to requalify for oxygen use today. Grrrrr!

We had lunch at a new place today... the Green Turtle. Kind of a cutesy name for a sports bar & grill, but the food was good, and the service excellent. Lew had fish and chips and I had this:
... a yummy fish taco wrap with fried rockfish, lettuce, cheddar jack, pico de gallo, and a tasty lime sauce. We'll go there again.

With the writer's strike and reruns, there's not much interesting on TV nowadays. Think I'll curl up with a Blockbuster movie tonight - Man on Fire with Denzel.

Is it time for tennis yet??

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 1/08/2008 7:55 PM, Blogger Fresh Girl said...

Oh, gosh...that fish taco is making me drool on my keyboard! I only recently discovered the joys of fish tacos, but I haven't had one that looked THAT good.

 
At 1/08/2008 8:26 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

That fish taco looks pretty awesome (is that your photo of the day, haven't been over there yet!), but I think I'd have to stick with the fish and chips with Lew :) While I love my own fish tacos, I'm picky about others. Including a heavy-on-the-tomato pico de gallo, LOL!

I hear ya on this writers strike. I've been flipping and can't find anything. I'm starting to tape cooking shows to have something to watch! Just got a new movie in from Netflix, so I might have to watch that. I think we liked Man on Fire, not sure on the violence and language. Have you seen Denzel in Deja Vu? Good movie but with a time jumping, slip sliding theme. We liked it though!

 
At 1/09/2008 11:26 AM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

That fish taco looks delicious! Yum!!

I am sad about Joe Gibbs -- he is such a class act -- but the football season is long & demanding. I bet he's ready to be spending more time with his family. I heard that he is being kept on staff as a consultant though. =)

 
At 1/09/2008 11:27 AM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

Oops. Meant to also ask what you thought of Man on Fire. I saw it a while back & was not impressed at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home