"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Saturday, October 11

Eh, I dunno...

... it's an awful lot of trouble for such a puny amount of pumpkin.

So, I got real ambitious this year and did the pumpkin puree thing. Bought two smallish pumpkins, cut 'em up, scooped the seeds and stringy gunk out and stuck 'em in the oven for about 45 minutes. After they were cooled and skinned, I let the food processor do its thing and ended up with 4 cups of puree, which is now in the freezer for next time I want to make pumpkin something.

The seeds are still drying and I'll butter, season, and roast them tomorrow.

All in all, it was kind of fun, and definitely a new experience. Not convinced it's worth the effort, though. I may be sticking with the canned stuff.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10/12/2008 2:24 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I agree Marianne! I do like to make some things from scratch, and like to try even more. But many of the ones I try are one time only, I find that it's more work than I want to do :)

Hope you enjoy the fruits of your labor!

 
At 10/14/2008 3:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

really exciting huh?

 
At 10/14/2008 6:00 PM, Blogger Ms. Fairway said...

Hi Marianne. Every year I say I'm going to do the "natural" pumpkin thing only to find some excuse. Maybe this year will be the one...or not! :~) Enjoy those seeds...yum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home