"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Monday, November 10

Odds & Ends


So I went to get my hair cut from my regular stylist last week, and OH.MY.GOD, the man damn near scalped me! I told him I wanted it just a skosh shorter and closer to negate the shaggy dog look but he definitely got carried away. To quote my granddaughter... "I look like a freakin' boy!"

Oh well, it'll grow back in a couple weeks, but in the meantime, I'm only going out in public when absolutely necessary.
*sigh*



Saturday was the Boy Scouts
annual food collection in our area. Put on by the National Capitol Area Council, they distribute a grocery bag one week and collect it the next. We always enjoy shopping for this one and filled a few bags.




We haven't gone on any more 'chasing color' treks this week, but the little weeping maple in our back yard is putting on a spectacular display of red for us.

Most of our other trees are dropping their leaves and Lew has been busy raking and hauling them off to the local compost facility.


I've been trying a few new recipes, freezer-friendly and otherwise, that I've picked up from hither and yon -- casseroles, soups, and some other eat-now types. When I get real ambitious again, maybe they'll make it to my poor neglected kitchen blog.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11/10/2008 6:15 PM, Blogger Desert Songbird said...

I've worn my hair long for quite a few years now, but I think I would have to kill my stylist if she ever took off more than I expected!

 
At 11/11/2008 10:37 AM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

There is a *very* fine line between short and TOO short.

Can't wait to see what you've been cooking up! I have your cooking blog in my Google Reader so I know I won't miss it. I've been slowly adding to mine as well, now that it's cool enough to cook again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home